r Wicked Things Horror Blog: Troll - This is What Death Looks Like!

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Troll - This is What Death Looks Like!



1986 was a good year for horror!  Along with some super kick-ass classics, Troll was among them.  My favorite scene in Troll was when the "Troll" shows Wendy's (the little girl) neighbor (Duke) what death looks like!


I couldn't embed it for some reason, which sucks!!! 

Interestingly enough, this tale involves the Potter family. Guess what Wendy Potter's big brother's name is? Yeah, that's right, Harry. Her daddy is also Harry Potter, Sr., that is. I never remembered that!


Malcom and "The Troll" are both portrayed by Phil Fondacaro, who is both a good guy and a bad guy in this flick as he and the troll are two different peeps! I also never remembered Julia Louis-Dreyfus being in this classic way prior to Seinfeld!


I love the little mushroom plant that sounds like a baby and has cute little eyes and hums and sings little songs owned by the little girl's old lady neighbor (a powerful witch, apparently).  I kinda want one!  It looks just like the pretty little old lady who owns it.  She's a witch and I love her.  I want her to be my Grammy!


The "Troll Song" is wicked good.

Listen and watch, bizznatchez!

Its even better, in some ways than The Omen Theme Song, Ave, Satani!


You can watch this one for free if you are a member of Amazon Prime.


Troll Sypnosis via IMDb - An evil troll, Torok, the transformed state of the ex-husband of an old friendly witch named Eunice St. Clair (she's nice and she's pretty and a good little witch), has chosen her apartment building to be the heart of the restoration of the world he once knew. To do this, he utilizes an emerald ring and takes possession of a little girl named Wendy, whose brother Harry immediately suspects something is very wrong. Torok, often taking over little Wendy Potter's body visit's each neighbor's apartment, transforming people into grotesque little plant pods.

I wish I could offer a free link to watch this classic flick on YouTube or something, but there isn't one, which upsets me gravely.  I can, however, show you where to find Troll & Troll 2 together or just Troll 1 on DVD, VHS & Blu-Ray, but its really super difficult to find!

You may also rent it on VUDU through Walmart.com for $2.99.

 

 
 

AND  

The Troll Movie Poster 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`

`