r Wicked Things Horror Blog: The Conjuring - A Review

Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Conjuring - A Review

 

I finally saw The Conjuring yesterday and I watched it again today with some of my friends. Let's say that its like The Amityville Horror, Emily Rose, A Haunting in Connecticut, and The Exorcist all rolled into one. It had all the elements of a movie that scares the bejesus out of you with the same vibe of the Lady in Black where you are psychologically shocked and scared and may jump a few times when things go bump in the night. The only real gripe I had was that because it was the story of Ed and Lorraine Warren's career origins, it cut out certain parts of the actual case that happened in Rhode Island with the family involved and flashed in only certain critical pieces of The Annabelle Doll Case. I wished that the doll case could have been expanded on a little more first, but that's a whole other movie, I suppose. If you watch carefully, Lorraine Warren makes a cameo at the Massachusetts Seminar the Ghost Hunting Couple, Lorraine and Ed Warren speak at when Carolyn (the mom in the case) comes and seeks their help. She is in the front row on the left. Its very quick and she has no lines. She is an audience member. I wasn't sure that the right people were cast as Ed and Lorraine, but I guess they did a good job at serving their purpose. Overall, I'd recommend it and give it an 8 out of 10 on the scare factor, losing points because much of the story was left to the imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`

`