1. Cameron's Closet - A father who experiments with his sons psychokinetic powers, is unaware that these experiments release a demon from hell, which lives in his sons closet, preparing to take over the young boys soul.
You can watch it free by clicking here on Yidio, which offers free movies in tons of genres.
2. The Shining - Jack Torrance is a recovering alcoholic, who is fighting demons on the inside when he and his family move into a haunted hotel as caretakers and the crap hits the fan. The Torrances have a small child who has the cursed gift of precognition and presumably mediumship, Danny, who is probably about 6 or 7, although I don't think they say.
First and foremost, this kids lips aggravate me, but I'm glad to see he grew into them upon growing into adult-hood. I checked! What can I say, I care! I do think they put a bowl around this poor kid's head and began cutting, though. Bastards!
I'm going to post the 1997 TV mini-series today since we have all seen Danny Torrance aka "Doc" in the original. Some of the elements in this TV version explain the situation better and stick more to form with the book and I like Danny and "The Little Boy Who Lives in His Mouth, Tony, much better". However, Rebecca DeMornay is too attractive to be the mother and would never be married to the dude who plays Jack Torrance, because he's kinda scary. I do like that the Torrances realize in some areas even if they won't admit it to each other than Danny has the gift of precognition (seeing the future).
I also like Melvin Van Peebles and think he does a super Scatman Corruthers. I will say, though, nothing beats Kubric or the creepiness of the original, which was so nicely captured. This one just kinda expands on what confused you so I look at it as a supplement to the original series and the book and it sort of doesn't matter what the family looks like since they look nothing like the original characters in the Kubric version.
3. The Outer Limits (The Choice) - A little Thora Birch stars as a ten year old with strange, supernatural powers, who is shunned by much of society (kids and teachers), but welcomed and positively encouraged by a nanny with similar gifts. Strange facts about the nanny unfold in this 45 minute installment of The Outer Limits you can watch for free on Hulu. I will embed it below.
4. Village of the Damned - In the English village of Midwich, the blond-haired, glowing-eyed children of uncertain paternity prove to have frightening powers.
5. Bless the Child (2000) - One cold and rainy evening Nurse Maggie's Herion-addicted sister, Jenna, leaves her newborn daughter with Maggie and doesn't return until 6 years later with her mysterious new husband, Eric, who is the leader of a weird cult. The couple kidnaps Cody.
Maggie has no legal rights to Cody,
but anyway, FBI agent John Travis, an expert in ritual homicide and occult-related
crime, takes up her cause when he realizes that Cody shares the same
birth date as several other recently missing children. Maggie has been caring for her niece as a daughter for 6 years, who was abandoned by her mother as an infant.
Little Cody has more than a severe case of Autism. She manifests powerful
supernatural capabilities that the forces of evil have been waiting to get their hands on for the purposes of bad, not good.