r Wicked Things Horror Blog: Faulkner's A Rose For Emily Film?

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Faulkner's A Rose For Emily Film?

I looked this up, because I wanted to know if a film was ever made for William Faulkner's short story, A Rose For Emily.  This had to be the coolest short story we were forced to listen to or read in high school and when the ending came, it was grotesque, macabre, and I was forever a fan.  So, yeah, I haven't seen this yet.  Have you?  I think its super cool that Angelica Houston is in it, of course, because she is my most favorite of the three Mrs. Adamses.  John Carradine (RIP) is in it as Colinel Sartoris, too.  I will forever refer to him as Bill, God rest Bill's soul.


If you haven't read this short literature classic story, here is a rundown, which I snagged from IMDB:


Miss Emily Grierson has recently died at the age of seventy-four. She was the reclusive town spinster and the last in line of a southern aristocratic family after her possessive father passes away. Her creepy old house and relationship with a northerner cause much gossip in the town, but it's not until after her death that her disturbing secret is unearthed.

 

You may also want to listen to the audiobook, which I am going to provide below, too!


IMDB gives it a 7.1 out of 10 stars so it can't be half bad.   I found it online and its less than a half an hour long if you want to check it out.  I will post it below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`

`