r Wicked Things Horror Blog: Hard Candy

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hard Candy

Ellen Page is the best teenage villain in a horror/suspense film I can think of to date. I should have added her to the list of evil children when I last blogged about it, but alas, I wasn't thinking of teens, just little kids.

Hard Candy, if you haven't seen it is a film about a kid who fights back against a suspected creepy internet tween/teen stalker, Patrick Wilson, who is portrayed by Patrick Wilson, who was of course the actor who portrayed Ed Warren in The Conjuring.  The hunter becomes the hunted :) So, if you haven't seen it, I have to give this chick props.

I was reminded and prompted to write about this stellar performance when I recently saw countless Facebook posts, tweets on Twitter, and pins on Pinterest involving the Canadian actress as she came out as a proud lesbian to the world and to the internet!


Congratulations, Ms. Page. I should be so lucky. Men aren't all they are cracked up to be although unfortunately, I am quite fond of them.


You can watch Hard Candy for just under $3 on Google Play or Amazon.  Its also available on Netflix so even if you don't have a membership to Netflix, its probably worth joining for the month instead of dropping $2.99 on just a single movie.


Rotten Tomatoes only gave it a 68%, but I never really listen to them, because they are wrong all the time!  However, they also have a more extensive list at the bottom of the linked page as to where to rent or own it online.  Metacritic users gave it an 85% as opposed to the score the site itself gave it of 58%, lame!  However, Metacritic does offer an HD trailer of the controversial film here.

vudu.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`

`