r Wicked Things Horror Blog: Hillbilly (Backwoods) Horror Picks

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Hillbilly (Backwoods) Horror Picks

In honor of the county fair that I just left, (I puked on the tilt-a-whirl--not kidding), I wanted to share with you some of my favorite top horror picks set in a country, backwoods, or hillbilly setting.

So, if that wasn't horrible enough, I stayed for a little after buying a $10 tank top that was 3 sizes too small with my top 3 buttons unbuttoned, I returned home so I can blog on this effing computer. I did bathe and ate a salad, but yeah, disappointing and it was the last day of the fair so at least I got to pat cows and alpacas. I have that experience to tide me over for the rest of the year.

Look, its me, not at the fair!!!!!


  

 1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

2. House of a Thousand Corpses/Devil's Rejects

3. 2001 Maniacs

4. The Hills Have Eyes

5. Last House on the Left

6. Deliverance (da da ding ding ding ding ding ding on the banjo). Sequel like a pig for me!

7. Evil Dead

8. The Shining

9. Pet Cemetery

10. Children of the Corn

Wow, note Stephen King books converted to movies are the last three on the list. That's what happens when the author comes from Maine. It develops a wicked pissa imagination when you are stuck in the house in the winter while it snows. I should know.  I live in New Hampshire.

Staunton Hill sucked, but it was set in the back woods on a farm.

Of course, Night of the Living Dead, which was phenomenal...

Things can go either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

`

`